**These posts often contain affiliate links. Please see our disclosure policy for details.**
Home decor ideas to give you gallery wall inspiration for a happy, intentional home.
I want a lot of things for my life and my family.
I want us to be happy and healthy. I want us to pursue our passions and go on adventures together.
And I want our house to be a life-giving home that fills our empty energy buckets and offers us a place of refuge when the outside world gets a little too overwhelming.
I am not a fancy person, and my home will not be on the cover of a magazine anytime soon. But my goal with my home decor has been to create a happy, intentional home that welcomes us with open arms at the end of a long day.
I have done that by choosing artwork, photos and other home decor items that are meaningful and inspiring. I have deliberated and carefully chosen the things I put on my shelves and hang on my walls, removing anything that doesn’t accomplish that goal.
I want everything I see around my house to either serve a purpose, remind me of something special, or inspire me.
So far, I have succeeded with my living room gallery wall.
Gallery Wall Inspiration for a Happy, Intentional Home
My gallery wall includes these items, from left to right and top to bottom:
***The book page wreath isn’t technically part of the gallery wall but it is still one of my most favorite DIY projects I have ever done, and is a focal point of our main living space.
1. “May you always have a shell in your pocket & sand in your shoes” sign. I bought this on our 2008 cross-country road trip at a small shop in the south, and it’s been one of my favorite pieces of home decor ever since. (I couldn’t find the one I have, but here’s a similar one on Amazon.)
2. “For Everything, There is a Season” print, from the Cultivate What Matters Shop.
3. Our Hawaii license plate from when we lived there. I saved them when we changed back to MN plates.
4. A sunset painting that my grandpa made.
5. “Bloom where you are planted” sign from JoAnn Fabrics. This is one of my life mottos and life goals. (The actual sign at JoAnn’s is out of stock, so here are some similar ones on Amazon.)
6. Framed family photo.
7. Embroidered state of Minnesota art piece that I made this summer.
8. Wooden cross that my other grandpa made years ago.
9. Framed photo of Matt and I before kids.
10. White metal #upnorth sign from Campfire Bay. This is the newest addition and I LOVE IT.
– If you liked this post, I would love if you would share it on Pinterest or Facebook. Thanks & xo! –