**These posts often contain affiliate links. Please see our disclosure policy for more information.**
A few weeks ago, before dropping my visiting friend Laura off at the airport, we decided to take a quick spin through the Mall of America. Laura had been told to make sure to hit up the MOA while in Minnesota [she’s from Texas], so I wanted to make sure she got the chance to before flying back home.
She wanted to visit one of the Minnesota gift shops to grab some souvenirs for her family, so we went to the Love from Minnesota
store. While in there, I found a hilarious little plaque that I just have to share.
The Ten Commandments – Minnesota Style:
1. Der’s only one God ya know.
2. Don’t make the fish on yer mantle an idol.
3. Cussin’ ain’t Minnesota nice.
4. Go to church even when yer up nort.
5. Honer yer folks.
6. Don’t kill – catch & release.
7. Der’s only one Lena for every Ole. No cheatin’.
8. If it ain’t yer lutefish, don’t take it.
9. Don’t be braggin’ ’bout how much snow you shoveled.
10. Keep yer mind off yer neighbor’s hot dish.
I found a link to the product here
. I was doubled over in the store laughing my face off. HILARIOUS.
[P.S. If you aren’t from Minnesota, you might not have found this as funny as me.]